ZDbox (All-In-One toolbox) – battery saver, data monitor, app lock, task killer, do not disturb, install apps to SD card & more!
Aug 16, 2012 12:06 PM –
ZDbox is one of those multi-functional and incredibly handy toolbox apps for Android. And it packs a lot in too; containing battery info and power saver, traffic counter, battery info, do not disturb feature, app lock, task killer, uninstaller, app to SD functionality and system cleaner. It additionally packs a slew of detailed information about your device. If you want to get under the skin of your phone or tablet… this is a great app to begin with.
Tested on: HTC One X
Pros & Cons:
- Useful tools, such as power saver, cache cleaner and history eraser!
- Provides lots of useful information about your Android!
- Easy to use!
- Smart widgets!
- Perhaps nothing we haven’t seen before.
- Lacks advanced features experienced users might require.
ZDbox is a multi-faceted toolbox application for your Android device. It boasts several helpful features which are great for managing apps, battery life, tasks, caches and more. It’s also simple to use, so the technical stuff shouldn’t put beginners off. From the main dashboard you have:
- Battery Info: This includes how much battery you have left in a percentage, temperature, suggested life and a customisable Power Saver feature which helps you preserve battery when required.
- Mobile Traffic: If you have a set volume of data you can consume in a month- this is the place to monitor how much you are using. You can set limits, notification warnings and even allows you to monitor the usage of individual apps.
- Do not disturb: DND lets you set a period of time (on set days of the week or via a countdown timer) where your device isn’t going to disturb you with notifications or calls. You can set it to either silent or Airplane mode for ultimate silence if you want.
- App Lock: A great feature if you let other people occasionally use your device. Don’t want them accessing your social networks or gallery? Lock them easily with the App Lock function. These apps will only then be unlocked via a password, securing your apps for your access only.
- Task Killer: While task killers are not strictly essential on modern Android devices, if you need an app shutting down fast, this is the best place to go. Running apps are itemised for individual killing, or you can kill all if you wish.
- Uninstaller: In a nutshell this feature uninstalls applications. While going through the process on the Google Play Store is a bit of a chore- as is going through Androids ‘Application’ settings, this feature uninstalls quickly. Batch uninstall lets you remove several apps at a time.
- Apps to SD: If your device has limited phone space, use this to transfer compatible applications to your bigger SD card. It’s simple to do and frees up space quickly and easily.
- System Cleaner: Most apps take up cache space, which in turn takes up storage space on your device. If transferring apps to your SD card only goes so far in freeing up space, try cleaning your cache in this section. While you’re there, check out the history eraser, which lets you clean out your closet of Browser history, Google Play Store search, Gmail search history, Google Maps search history and clipboard.
It should also be mentioned that all these settings can be backed up and restored, it couldn’t be simpler to use. ZDbox therefore includes plenty of features for keeping your Android running smoothly. While there are quite a few similar applications to ZDbox, few are as easy to use. If you’re an Android beginner, or just want an app that is simple and does exactly what it says on the tin, look no further.
ZDbox – Main dashboard
ZDbox – Tutorial overlay
ZDbox – Battery level and controls
ZDbox – Uninstaller
ZDbox – History cleaner
ZDbox – Cache cleaner
ZDbox – Backup and restore
ZDbox – Warning notifications
ZDbox – Updates
ZDbox – Settings
There are loads of uses for this. It sits on your Android like a virtual Swiss Army Knife of features and functionality. From freeing up space on your device, locking apps and contacts, uninstalling apps through to making sure you don’t exceed your monthly data allowance, there’s plenty of incredibly handy elements to ZDbox.
Ease of Use:
The app is also extremely easy to use. Everything is laid out plainly and the UI is nice and clean. There’s little jargon and it’s very straightforward to carry out all the functions.
While this depends on the user, it’s certainly something you can use on a regular basis to keep your device clear of clutter. With features like mobile traffic monitoring and do not disturb, it’s also something that can really help everyday life and expenses.
The interface is great by the fact that it makes the app simple to use, its real strong point. The additional inclusion of homescreen widgets is also very user-friendly.
Tags: Android App
, Android Apps
, AndroidTapp.com App Review
, Battery Power Saving App
, Do Not Disturb
, Install Android Apps to SD Card
, Mobile Data Monitoring
, Move Android Apps to SD Card
, Save Battery Power
, Saving Android Apps to SD Card
, task killer
, Task Manager
, ZDbox All-In-One toolbox
Categorised in: Tools
for review, promote apps
, get more installs with better app videos