Nov 18, 2010 2:15 PM –
These are Yumsters! Just settle them in your mobile phone and you’ll forget the boredom forever! These adorable hole-dwelling creatures will please everyone. They are mad about fruit and even participate in a world fruit-eating cup. 9MB game but supports moving to SD Card.
Pros & Cons:
- Fun & addictive casual game to kill some time!
- Not initially intuitive on how to play, you have to read the rules or a review like this to learn how
Yumsters is a neat game brought to us by, Herocraft, the creators of popular Farm Frenzy game for Android. The objective is to stretch the same color Yumster to the matching fruit color and eat the whole piece. Sounds easy enough huh? Well… it gets challenging when you have to manage four or more Yumsters with obstacles such as mismatch fruit colors in the way, pest sitting on fruit or even another Yumster stretched in the way. There are ways around by dragging the lengthy guys to another hole either adjacent or on the opposite side of the field. The bar along the top tells you how many fruit and what color to expect (don’t forget to snag the coins for extra points by tapping them). If you manage not to let the fruit fill up the screen and eat enough fruit you advance to the next level. Of course high scores can be submitted and compared online.
How to Play Yumsters
- The objective for each game level is to feed Yumsters with the fruit noted in the task bar. Touch the Yumster with a finger and drag it to the fruit to initiate eating. Each Yumster may eat only the fruit of according color. Yumsters may be moved from hole to hole.
- The progress bar shows stage completion. When the bar is full, the level is passed.
- The game lasts until all the cells are occupied. When all the cells are filled, the game is lost.
- You can drag any Yumster to the Bonus to pick it.
- If the fruit isn’t eaten for a long time it freezes. The totally frozen fruits cannot be eaten! If the fruit isn’t totally frozen yet, it can be thawed. Click on it next. Although next time the same fruit will freeze faster.
- Tips: The longer you stretch to eat fruit the more bonus points you rack up. If two or more fruit are grouped together, stretch to the last fruit to eat the line of similar fruit. Some levels have you drag to swap holes or tap the first hole followed by tapping the second to swap holes. When all your Yumsters are eating at once they eat faster and stack up more points.
Yumsters in Game Play 1
Yumsters in Game Play 2
Yumsters in Game Play 3
Yumsters in Game Play 4
Yumsters in Game Play 5
Yumsters in Game Play 6
Yumsters Magestic Lands
Yumsters Start Screen
Fun Factor & Addictive:
The game can be quite fun and addictive because you have to keep a constant eye on everything at the same time; increasing coordination and figuring best ways to position the characters and complete the levels. This is a good game for the casual gamer.
Yumsters are set in a beautifully enchanting world that reminds me of Super Mario World, with its use of bold & punchy colors.
Accelerometer, Vibration & Sound:
Yumsters features sound effects, background music and vibration (which can all be toggled to silent if needed).