YouMail Visual Voicemail
Aug 27, 2009 5:05 AM –
YouMail Visual Voicemail lets you see, play, read, and manage your YouMail voicemail, right from your Android Powered phone. Most US Carriers supported, doesn’t work with flex/pre-pay accounts. Requires you to Forward your Unanswered calls to YouMail.
The free, native Android app allows users to see and play their YouMail voicemail and have access to a host of valuable time-saving features right from their phone including:
- ALWAYS know who is calling: Full caller-id information, even for mobile phone numbers that aren’t in a user’s address book
- Read voicemail: Save time by simply reading a message in just a few seconds vs taking the time to play it
- Save voicemail forever, recover accidentally deleted messages, and even organize voicemails right from the phone
Pros & Cons:
- Customized greeting for people who leave you voice mails
- Manage, download and listen to your voice mail on the phone or online
- Get voice mail transcribed to read on the phone (for added monthly fee)
- Bit quirky with phone orientation adjustment as it stops audio if phone changes orientation
YouMail Visual Voicemail offers voicemails solutions for mobile phones that allow you to receive voicemail via email, download the MP3/WAV, playback voicemail on the device, and display a transcript to read of your voicemail (the latter for an additional charge).
You must register for the initially free service and forward your normal voicemail to YouMail. What’s cool is your default greeting is changed to what seems to be your own personal secretary stating “[Your Name] is not available right now…” or you can change your greeting yourself and upload. Utilizing other services from YouMail’s website shows the true power in their service.
Gripe Alert: listening to voicemail is played back on speaker versus in-ear or via bluetooth You can change how you listen to voicemail via a small icon to the bottom right of the seek bar to toggle speaker, phone in-ear or bluetooth if connected (thanks for the correction Tim). I did not see where you can password protect accessing voicemail.
YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus Message List
YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus Transcribed Message
YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus Transcribed Message 2
YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus Linkable Transcribed Actions
YouMail Visual Voicemail List of Messages
YouMail Visual Voicemail View Listen to Voice Mail
YouMail Visual Voicemail Menu Options Quick Actions
YouMail Visual Voicemail Settings Menu
Just about every phone/cell phone user has voicemail… or should have it. YouMail Voicemail offers another interactive service with a la cart services that can be purchased separately.
Ease of Use:
Setup is not that bad, afterwards… using it is as simple as checking your email or opening the app to listen to voicemails. Beats calling into voicemail.
Frequency of use is user dependent, if used… every time you receive a voicemail message.
The user interface is basic, nothing fancy… yet allows you to get your voicemail, and quick links to send an email or text message to the sender.