WritePad Brings Handwriting Recognition to Android Tablets and Phones
Nov 9, 2011 9:23 AM –
Watch on Mobile
PhatWare launched an improved version of their advanced handwriting recognition Android app, WritePad, at a reduced cost of $4.99 in the Android Market. It supports all handwriting styles: print, cursive or mixed; plus support for new pen-enabled tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy Note and HTC Jetstream. If you have a tablet or are looking for a good handwriting app for your Android phone try downloading this app:
description: State-of-the-art handwriting recognition software in 4 languages. WritePad’s is a new input method for Android OS which aims to replace the on-screen keyboard with PhatWare’s proven handwriting recognition technology and can be used for text input in any Android application. WritePad is especially useful on Android Tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy Tab, and Android phones such as Motorola Droid and others.
WritePad Key Features Include:
- Reliable handwriting recognition in English, German, French, and Spanish languages.
- Integration with any application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user’s own handwriting style.
- Customizable auto-corrector, which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors.
- Editable user dictionary to improve recognition of custom words and names not included in the main dictionary.
- Built-in full keyboard with auto-complete; if needed, users can switch between keyboard and handwriting with a single touch of a button.
- Four basic recognition modes: cursive/mixed or print for general text entry; Numeric for entering numbers and phone numbers; and Internet for entering email addresses and URLs.
- Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as “22.3+15.66=” and WritePad will calculate the result.