Verizon to Launch Own Android App Store: V CAST Apps
Sep 14, 2010 9:58 AM –
Verizon is luring Android developers to submit their apps to their new V Cast Apps store launching soon. If done right, the V Cast App store can offer great benefits to both consumers and developers as billing would go directly to the customer’s cell bill. If done wrong, it’ll just add to the confusion and frustration of fragmenting Android.
Also there will be a review vetting process in two steps: first an application must pass concept approval detailing high level information about the app, second the code binaries must be sufficient for the store… more here. BTW, V Cast Apps store will only be available for Android 2.2 (Froyo) capable phones for now: Incredible, DROID, DROID 2, and DROID X.
Why submit your Android applications to the V CAST App Store?
- It’s Free – No Testing Fees
- It’s Fast – Our Goal is to place your application in the App Store within 14 days of Submission
- Abbreviated Click-Thru Agreement
- Carrier Billing – Your applications are billed directly to the Customer’s Bill; No credit cards, PayPal, etc.
- 70/30 Revenue Share – 70% Developer / 30% Verizon
- Hands-on, Experienced Content Programming Team – Get the visibility you deserve, not just a quality-crushing algorithm!
- Content Programming and Store continuity across multiple platforms (BlackBerry & Android)
- Integration with Network API’s! Messaging & aGPS
- Detailed submission guides online and forums monitored by our support staff
- Subscription Billing – Coming Soon!
Are you a developer, are you submitting your apps today? Are you a Verizon customer, think this will be good or bad for you? Comment below!
[Source Verizon via Android and Me]
Tags: Android 2.2
, Android Apps
, Android Developers
, Android Market
, V CAST Apps
, V Cast Apps Store
Categorised in: Apps Blog, News
for review, promote apps
, get more installs with better app videos