U.S. Cellular Will Release Samsung Galaxy Tab Too!
Oct 28, 2010 8:28 AM –
We knew there were going to be Android tablets galore this holiday season and Samsung is on fire releasing their Samsung Galaxy Tab on all the major U.S. wireless carriers. Today they announced the Galaxy Tab for U.S. Cellular! The 7-inch touchscreen tablet has Android 2.2 (Froyo), supports Adobe Flash in the web browser, plus front and rear-facing cameras for video chat among other goodies. Pricing and availability are coming soon so stay tuned for that.
Galaxy Tab for U.S. Cellular
Galaxy Tab for U.S. Cellular Back View
U.S. Cellular Galaxy Tab Key Features:
- 7-inch enhanced TFT display with WSVGA resolution – Offers brighter colors and clearer pictures and delivers 1024 x 600 resolution whether watching a movie or reading a book
- Rear-facing, 3MP camera and camcorder – AutoFocus captures DVD quality video
- Front-facing, 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder – Enables video chat with other people who have video conferencing capabilities (applications available in Android Market™).
- Corporate Email – Supports Android 2.2 Exchange ActiveSync e-mail to synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from office e-mail accounts
- Wi-Fi® connectivity (802.11 b/g/n) and Wireless Hotspot support
- Built-in 2 GB internal memory with 16 GB pre-installed microSD™ expandable to 32 GB
- 4,000 mAh Battery – Provides ample power to watch movies, share content and surf the Web
- Ultra thin at 12 millimeters and weighing 13 ounces – For users who don’t want to be weighed down by adding a mobile tablet to their pocket or purse
- Customizable touch screen menu with drag-and-drop widgets
- Samsung Social Hub – Built around messaging, contacts and calendar sync, which allows users to send and receive daily activities, whether it is e-mail, social network updates or SMS messages
U.S. Cellular customers, will you be complementing your Android smartphones from with the Galaxy Tab? Tell us in the comments below!