Feb 9, 2010 6:00 AM –
UltimateFaves lets you organize your most frequently used items (contacts, phone numbers, applications, bookmarks, etc.) in beautiful floating 3D carousels for a quick access with its unique and highly customizable user-interface. Main features: Create home-screen shortcuts to specific carousels, Highly customizable user-interface, Tap item to launch, long-press for more options, PRO version also available directly from developers blog.
Price: Free, $1.49
AndroidTapp.com Android App Review:
Pros & Cons
- Quick access to Contacts, Apps, Bookmarks, Phone Numbers, etc.
- Customizable user-interface for carousels
- Default carousel spin is not optimal, however tweak it in the Settings
- Background randomly appears/disappears when scrolling the carousel
UltimateFaves Android App offers quick access to Contacts, Apps, Bookmarks, Phone Numbers, etc. at the spin of the carousel. Choose up to 16 items to save in your list. Alternate replacement for Live Folders in Android and you can save home screen shortcuts to carousels. Control the carousel by swiping with your finger, trackball or D-Pad. Save unlimited carousel lists in Pro (only 2 in lite version). Recent updates include task management capabilities.
Gripe Alert: I have a few gripes with the app; carousel spin itself and the background of your phone is supposed to be displayed however blinks in & out randomly.
UltimateFaves Carousel of Apps
UltimateFaves Carousel of Contacts
UltimateFaves Carousel of Contacts with Info Bar
UltimateFaves Carousel of Utilities
UltimateFaves Add Carousel Options
UltimateFaves Add Home Screen Shortcut
UltimateFaves Carousel Types
UltimateFaves Settings Menu
Usefulness & Frequently Used:
The app is more cool than useful, however if you depend on it for say a list of favorite Contacts or apps, you’ll soon appreciate the power of the app.
Ease of Use:
The app is not rock science and the best way to figure it out is by messing around in it.
- Tap a star (empty item) to set it
- Longpress to change an item
- Tap the Menu button to get more options
- Name your carousels for better organization
- Create a home screen shortcut to carousels by; go to home screen, in empty space longpress to access “Shortcuts” for menu, select UltimateFaves, browse for your carousel and select
This app is primarily about offering a unique user interface and cool effect to do common tasks.