The Weather Channel Android App Gets Facelift and New Features
Feb 14, 2011 11:41 AM –
The Weather Channel Android app is the most downloaded weather app, one of the top three most downloaded Android app of all time, and version 3.0 packs new features plus a new user interface. Some new features include voice search, predictive typing search, and location based “must see” videos. Download the app using convenient tools below:
The Weather Channel
The Weather Channel for Android adds new features – voice search, type-ahead and an all-new navigation bar among others – while still encompassing the enhanced features of its original version, including fully customizable weather maps, animated radar maps, detailed weather conditions and forecasts, severe weather alerts, and a notification bar with the current temperature and severe weather alert indicator.
Key Features of The Weather Channel Version 3.0:
- Voice search now allows consumers to obtain weather forecasts by speaking a location, whether by address, city, ZIP code or well-known landmark.
- The app now supports type-ahead for quicker location search when typing the destination.
- The all-new navigation bar along the bottom of the screen offers swipeable, one-click access to saved locations, current conditions, hourly forecasts, 36-hour forecasts, 10-day forecasts, severe alerts, maps, video and settings.
- In addition to the popular location-based local video forecasts, the video section now includes the “must see 6” videos each day from a national collection.
- In addition to metric (°C and kph) and English (°F and mph) options for units of measure, a “hybrid” version now offers Celsius and mph for users in the U.K. and Canada.
- Severe alerts provide the most up-to-date information for severe tropical weather, winter weather and more. Alerts will now be parsed to process language for easier readability, and consumers will also be able to turn severe weather alert notifications on or off.
- In addition, the app incorporates updates to The Weather Channel widget for Android, so customers can opt to view current weather data and severe weather alert indicators on the device home screen.
The Weather Channel Hourly Forcasts
The Weather Channel Right Now
The Weather Channel Videos