Dec 26, 2008 5:12 PM –
Change your Caller ID, use a Voice Changer, and Record the call with SpoofApp. SpoofApp allows you to use SpoofCards (Sold separately) to place calls with just about any Caller ID number you would like. Voice Changers and Call Recording included with every purchase. Everyone who installs receives a free 5 minute SpoofCard.
SpoofApp has 3 main features: Place a Call, Call Recording, and My Account.
- Place a Call allows you to make a spoof call. You type in the “Number You Want To Call” (either slide the G1 keyboard to landscape) or tapp the contacts icons to the right to scroll through your contacts. Do the same for the “Caller ID Number To Display”. (You can preset a contact name and number like we did in the screenshot below)Optionally, you can use the voice changer; Male, Normal or Female voice. Don’t expect the voice changers to sound like a specific guy or gal. They basically change the pitch of your voice in real-time, so deep heavy base for male voice (like in ransom movies) and high “Alvan and the Chipmunks” high pitch for female voice.
- Call Recording option records your spoof call to the SpoofApp.com website so you can listen to them later. (In our Interview with SpoofApp creator Alan Beebe, we learned he’s working on making the recordings sharable)
- My Account is a quick view of your SpoofCard PIN Number, your phone number, more important a view of how many minutes you have remaining, and how to instantly replenish via the device. Look here also if you’ve lost your Pin or need Support.
SpoofApp My Account
SpoofApp My Recordings
SpoofApp Your Phone is About to Ring
SpoofApp Spoof Call (Note: this is NOT Angelina Jolie’s number, just some random number we came up with)
SpoofApp is more cool app than useful.
Ease of Use:
If you poke at SpoofApp, you get how to use it. Because there are a few extra steps in the workflow that you wouldn’t think would be there by default. So we’ve listed how to make a spoof or prank call with SpoofApp:
- First time use, load your SpoofCard PIN and enter your phone number
- Tapp contacts icon or enter the “Number You Want To Call”
- Tapp contacts icon or enter the “Caller ID Number To Display”
- Optional, choose Voice Changer
- Choose to record the call or not
- Tapp Place Call
- SpoofApp contacts the website to verify your remaining minutes then calls you
- Tapp or press “1” to verify you want to continue with the call
- Once confirmed, SpoofApp calls the person you want to spoof
Frequency of use is based on how many SpoofCard minutes you have left.
The user interface is optimal for thumb/finger navigation.