Send to Phone Firefox Extension Allows Sending Google Maps, YouTube Videos, Links, Phone Numbers, and Text Directly to Android Phones
Aug 4, 2010 7:56 AM –
Send To Phone Firefox extension allows web browser to Android phone capabilities! Now that many Android phones are getting the latest Android 2.2 software, we want to spend some time on one of the most convenient features capable in the update; Cloud to Device Messaging! If you saw the Google I/O keynote showcasing this feature then you know how awesome it is allowing you to send webpage links which launches the page in the phone’s web browser, send Google Maps link that load up the Maps application, send YouTube video links that launches the player, send phone numbers that launch the dialer and copy simple text that can be pasted into text messages or email. Best part is all you need to do is install the Firefox extension and sign in with your Google account (not Google Apps account), Correction: you will also need the Chrome to Phone Android app for this to work.
Key Features of the Send to Phone Firefox Extension:
- Send a Google Maps link and the Google Maps app from your phone should handle it
- Send a link to a YouTube video and the video should start playing on your phone
- Send webpages that automatically open in the web browser
- Copy a phone number from a web page and send it to your phone
- Copy a short text from a web page (<1KB) and send it to your phone’s clipboard.
Note: to use Send to Phone you must have Android 2.2 (Froyo) installed plus Chrome to Phone Android app.
[Source Google Operating System]