May 2, 2011 1:00 PM –
QuickPic. Smaller! Faster! Clearer! The best picture viewer/browser you are looking for! Smaller! Faster! Clearer! More powerful! This is the best picture viewer/gallery/photo album you are looking for and you can replace the stock gallery! Speed browsing tons of pictures without background service! Clear thumbnail previews, include or exclude the specified folders! Easy to hide your privacy photos!
Pros & Cons:
- Fast way to send multiple files to your sharing service of choice
- Easy to use
- Multi-Select to choose more than one item to work as a batch is a menu option, so it requires two steps. Having this come up on a long press would be nice.
QuickPic is a gallery replacement app that has some great features built into it. My personal favorite is the ability to batch manage images – I like that you can select a group of images – say, screenshots – and upload them all at one time to, say, Dropbox. The app looks through the entire SD card for images to display, and so far, I haven’t seen any it’s missed, or has failed to group together correctly.
In the latest update, the developer made several nice additions and bug fixes:
- Sort folders by name, file path and modify time
- Unified tool button icons
- New option: light background theme
- Fix bug: fail extract some videos in last version
- Fix bug: fail setting contact avatar sometime
- Fix bug: fail to pick a picture by some other app
Other nice features include the ability to protect hidden folders with a password so you don’t have to worry about, ahem, those pictures you won’t admit to taking showing up when someone decides to play with your phone. It also has the ability to do slide shows from the app, and in settings you can tell it to look for videos as well if you want to manage your media more centrally.
QuickPic Images from Bing
QuickPic Images from Bing 2
QuickPic Crop Image
I found this to be a great replacement for the stock gallery – it’s just as simple to use, with extra features built in to improve on the whole experience of image management.
Ease of Use:
It automatically detects all your pictures, and navigation is super simple.
If you take or manage pictures on your phone, this is an app you’d be using all the time.
I like that you can choose to show your folders in a large icon or list format, which is easy to switch between. Other than that, it’s very simple to use and navigate.