NewsRoom – RSS News
Apr 9, 2010 9:00 AM –
NewsRoom is the fastest and easiest way to stay in touch with the web on the go. Find your favorite news quickly with the built in search. NewsRoom stays up to date without affecting your battery life, so you can always see the latest at a glance.
Price: Free, $4.99
Pros & Cons:
- Track your feeds easily with intuitive icon interface
- Add new feeds from featured list, via search or via your own URL
- Qquickly skim article summaries with swiping interface
- Read full articles right on your phone for many feeds
- Server back end optimizes data transmission to save battery life and improve performance
- The Android app seems slower than the Pre version
- Some of the news feeds have trouble with loading after you’ve added them to your list of news
- Doesn’t sync with Google Reader
NewsRoom Android App is an excellent RSS Feed Reader app. You can easily add feeds by choosing from preset list or search feeds. When searching for RSS feeds you click on the add button at the top right (or click on the search button on your handset) and type in any news source of choice, then select it and its added to your list. RSS news feeds display a snippet with photo that you can swipe through. Once you’ve found an article you want to read, swipe up to read the full article. NewRoom does a great job of formating content for easy reads without left/right scrolling. There are even options to Reorder and Star or favorite feeds.
Video Review: NewsRoom – RSS News
NewsRoom RSS Feed Snippet
NewsRoom Reading RSS Feed
NewsRoom Search or Select Feeds
NewsRoom Preferences Menu
Ease of Use:
The app is very direct. When you add a RSS Feed they line up in a grid. When you open the application your feeds will update themselves.
The user interface has an easy layout, very simple to navigate, and well designed.