Mar 8, 2010 6:00 AM –
Mobile Defense™ is a security service that allows you to remotely protect & manage your phone via a secure website using Google Maps. It’s like LoJack® for your phone. It was created to protect your mobile investment, safeguard your privacy, and give you peace of mind. ** Root Users ** Install as system app to auto-enable GPS and prevent uninstall. For support and release notes visit: http://support.mobiledefense.com
AndroidTapp.com Android App Review:
Pros & Cons:
- Like LoJack for your Android smartphone. Find your phone if lost or stolen from Mobile Defense’s website
- Remotely lock your phone
- Send alerts to your phone with alarm sound and security pin
- Once successfully installed, the app is not detected on the phone (you have to go through “Manage Applications” settings to know it’s there)
- No remote wipe. Great appeal to Enterprises and Blackberry users
- Remote locking the phone is not effective unless you enabled Pattern Lock prior, else the pattern lock screen shows but you can easily get around it by waking up the phone in the normal fashion
Mobile Defense Android App is like LoJack for your Android smartphone, it helps you find your phone if lost or stolen using Mobile Defense’s website. You can track details about the phone like roaming or battery status, determine whether it is in a car with route and speed bearing information, remotely lock your phone forcing the pattern lock screen, send alerts to your phone with continuous alarm sound and security pin to deactivate the audible alarm.
Mobile Defense was also voted “Best Security App” in our first community collaborated Android Network Awards!
Mobile Defense Online Tracking Details
Mobile Defense Online Location Details
Mobile Defense Online Send Alerts to Phone
Mobile Defense Recovery Alert
Mobile Defense Remote Phone Lock
Apps like Mobile Defense and Where’s My Droid are extremely useful for finding a lost Android phone. Adds security comfort to find a stolen phone.
How does Mobile Defense Work?
- Once you install the app, you will need to signup for an account which can be done via the app.
- After installation you will not see Mobile Defense in the applications list nor will it be detected as background processes using task management apps for Android. That can be good for smartphone owners yet not good for unsuspecting parties if used mischievously to spy on ones activities. The app will only appear in the “Manage Applications” settings menu.
- A SMS text message is then sent to the phone to activate services like GPS.
- Thereafter you interact with your phone via Mobile Defense’s website.
Not intended for frequent use, however as a safety net when needed.