Linda File Manager formerly Android File Manager
Jan 8, 2009 5:00 AM –
Linda File Manager formerly “Android File Manager”. Install apk files from the SD Card directly, open files (video, audio, pics, text, etc.), use any apps you have installed, set wallpaper/ringtone from any position of SD card. Supports file unzip <10MB, and view local HTML by browsers (limit 8KB).
- Linda File Manager allows you to view and manage files on your SD Card or phone’s Internal memory (do so with caution)
- Create new folders
- Open, Open With, Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, Rename, and show Properties for files on Android
- Quickly jump to the “Top” directory if you get lost drilling down into folders
- Change View style: Thumbnails, Icons, List, and Details
- Sort by: Name, Size, Type, and Date Modified
- Applications Manager (Beta) which allows you to remove apps (do so with caution)
- Task Manager (Beta) allows you to see want background proccesses are running on Android and alloted free Internal Memory
Linda File Manager – Manage Apps
Linda File Manager – Home Screen
Linda File Manager – My Phone
Linda File Manager – View Android Tasks Running in the Background
Linda File Manager is very useful when you want to manage files on your Android device.
Gripe Alert: Unsure if it’s the app or Android OS quirk, we wanted to append a part 2 of the popular blog post “How to Save YouTube Videos on your G1” without a computer and use Linda File Manager to Rename and Move videos downloaded and saved from YouTube (because the default name is “videoplayback.mp4″, “videoplayback1.mp4″, videoplayback2.mp4″, etc.) to something more descriptive. You can Rename and Move it but it will not playback in the Android Video/Media players.
Ease of Use, Frequently Used & Interface:
Linda File Manager has a simple and intuitive user interface, thus making it easy to use and navigate. Not an everyday use app but definitely useful!