HP ePrint Service
May 9, 2011 2:00 PM –
HP ePrint Service. Print to public print locations when you are on-the-go! This app lets you print to public print locations*. Easily search for, locate, and print to HP ePrint mobile print location service partners, publicly available through HP’s cloud-based network of providers – like FedEx Office, registered hotels, and more (mostly in the US and UK).
Pros & Cons:
- An easy way to find local public printers and send documents from your phone to print
- You can add your own printers if they use the HP protocol
- It only works with HP printers, as far as I could see (or printers running the HP server technology)
- It only picks up printers that have been designated as “public” so most of them are at places like FedEx
HP’s ePrint Service app allows you to send files, pictures, etc. to a public printer on the network. The printers have to be part of HP’s cloud-based network to show up, or they can be a private printer running HP’s Enterprise software.
To print to a support mobile public location:
- Open the HP ePrint service app and select the content you want to print (email, web page, photo, Files, etc.)
- Search for a public mobile print location by entering keywords, or simply use the “Near me” button to locate the closest options (GPS-based search).
- Hit Print! You should receive a release code to maintain privacy – the print job is held until your enter the release code at your selected location.
- Go to the print service location (store, hotel business center, etc. – use the app to see the location on the map), provide your release code and get your printout.
HP ePrint Menu
HP ePrint File
HP ePrint Search
HP ePrint Printers
HP ePrint Location
HP ePrint Location 2
HP ePrint Location 3
If you print to a public printer like FedEx or in a public library a lot, this is a wonderful thing. However, it’s usefulness would be increased if you could add printers outside of HP’s cloud-based network. the ability to add a printer from your own network, perhaps with a password or a way to mark it private, would take this from a mildly useful app to one I could see using all the time.
Ease of Use:
It’s incredibly easy to find and choose a file to print, and searching for a printer can be done by either doing a specific search, or by just having the app find public printers near your current position.
Like I mentioned above, because it’s limited to HP cloud networked-printers only, it will only be used frequently if that’s what you’re already using. If, however, you use any other printer, or aren’t on the HP Enterprise network, you’ll have to run to FedEx to pick up your prints, which is impractical for most people.
The interface is very easy to use, and intuitive. You could have a document printing in a matter of minutes, and you can save favorite printers so you don’t have to search for them every time.
Tags: Android App
, Android Apps
, AndroidTapp.com App Review
, HP ePrint
, HP ePrint Service
, Print to FedEx
, Printing App
Categorised in: Business, Communication, Productivity, Tools, Utilities
for review, promote apps
, get more installs with better app videos