How do you keep G1 from deleting email accounts?
Jan 15, 2009 1:16 PM –
T-Mobile G1 owners who use the default email app and configure with their POP3 or iMAP email accounts (like: yahoo.com, hotmail.com, aol.com or web-based email for their own websites) have been asking these questions:
- How do you keep G1 from deleting email accounts?
- G1 keeps deleting my POP3/iMap Email accounts?
- Email Accounts Deleting on G1?
It’s not a fix but I got that to stop happening to me… sorta
I have over 20 different email addresses at my various websites, about 5 of them are important and get daily use, so I rely on POP3 email clients. I would enter about 3 accounts and a few hours later it would delete… arrrggghhh!
Here’s what I do now:
- Add ONLY 1 account per day
- Try not to clear your Data on the phone from “Settings > Applications > Manage Application > Email” (But at some point you will be forced to as the size of this will grow and we only get 50MB of internal storage)
For some strange reason, it stopped auto deleting my email accounts with more space between adding accounts. I have a max of 3 accounts listed right now but very curious as to how many can be entered use this method. If this works for you or not, let me know in the comments below. Like I said, it’s my lil work around, not sure if it works for others.
On another note:
If you need the configuration details for most email ISPs, here’s a great guide from Harmon-PD on the the T-Mobile G1 message board: http://forums.t-mobile.com/tmbl/board/message?board.id=Android3&thread.id=16556