Google Updates the Android Market
May 12, 2011 11:23 AM –
In it’s blog, Google detailed a variety of updates to the Web version of the Android Market, announced at Google I/O 2011 this past week. The Market had more than 200,000 apps supporting over 300 Android devices, with 4.5 billion applications installed to date.
The new features include:
- Top app charts – Revamped top app charts that are fresher and country-specific, so you get the most current, relevant results. Google has also added top new free, top new paid and top grossing lists.
- Editors’ Choice – These are some of the best apps available for Android, as chosen by the Android Market staff. They span everything from games to productivity and beyond.
- Top Developers – Google is recognizing those developers creating the highest quality, most popular and most notable apps available on the Market. They’ll get a special icon on our Android Market website, appearing wherever the developer name is shown, starting today for an initial set of over 150 developers.
- Better related apps – On the left side of an app page, there is now two groups of related apps: apps frequently browsed by people who viewed this app, and apps that people tend to install alongside this app.
- Trending apps – Finally, there is a new section showing trending apps – those apps that are quickly growing in daily installs.
, Android App Recommendations
, Android Apps
, Android Apps Recommendation
, Android Game
, Android Market
, Recommendation App
Categorised in: All Apps, Announcements, News
for review, promote apps
, get more installs with better app videos