Jan 6, 2009 8:12 AM –
Gmote turns your phone into a remote control for your computer, allowing you to start and control movies and music at a distance. (Requires server software download on computer)
New in version 2.0
- Stream music from your computer to G1!
- Windows XP, Vista, Mac and Linux support
- Control PowerPoint, PDF, image slide shows
- Navigate and launch websites from phone
- GmoteTouch improved
- Launch any file
Gmote for Android is Awesome! It has 3 main features: Media Remote Control (with Browsing features), Gmote Touch, and Web Browsing (Beta).
- Media Remote Control has even cooler sub-features like browsing files on your computer via your G1 and launch music, videos and photos on your computer; or stream compatible music, videos and photos to the phone wirelessly. Opening a PowerPoint, PDF, or image can be turnerd into a slide show by pressing Play!
- Gmote Touch allows you to control the computer’s mouse and keyboard. For example, you can open documents and type, browse the web, right-click, copy and paste, etc.
- Web Browsing launches a WAP-like browser on the phone (nothing impressive here) or full HTML browser of the G1. What is cool, you can type in an address and tapp the “open on computer” button to launch the default browser on your computer. You can navigate the website remotely as well.
Gmote Interface with Menu options
Gmote Browse Play on Phone Menu (Beta)
Gmote Playing Song from PC. The album cover spans the background of Gmote (if available)
Gmote Touch allows you to control your PC mouse and keyboard useing the touchscreen, keyboard and trackball
Gmote Pictures streamed from PC to Device
Gmote Web (Beta)
Gmote Web on Device
Gmote Manually Enter IP Address
Gmote Settings. Set Mouse Sensitivity and Acceleration
Gmote Find Server Automatically or Manually Enter Settings
This is a MUST-HAVE Android App for users with computer enabled home theaters or PCs running Windows Media Center Editions!
Ease of Use:
You simply download Gmote Android app and Gmote server software, create a password (for accessing on the phone), and play! After the initial setup, if you have Gmaote server to start up with your computer, all you have to do is launch Gmote Android app and play!
Here’s some Tips for Gmote:
- To skip to the next song in a playlist, hold down the right arrow button for 2 seconds.
- Try using Android’s “Back” arrow key to return to your media list instead of browsing to it again.
- To right click in GmoteTouch mode, press down on the screen for 2 seconds.
- Press the “Play” button while in PowerPoint, PDF or ImageViewer mode to launch a slide show. Press the close button (top right circle button) to close the slideshow.
Frequency of use is dependant on the type of user. If you’re using it as an alternative in your computer enabled home theather system… it comes in handy… plus has that cool factor with your friends!
The user interface is simple and intuitive.
Tags: Android Apps
, Android Remote Control
, AndroidTapp.com App Review
, Control PC with G1
, Control PC with Phone
, Control PowerPoint PDF image slide shows
, Remote Desktop Client
Categorised in: Multimedia, Tools
for review, promote apps
, get more installs with better app videos