Mar 9, 2010 7:50 AM –
Gesture Search lets you quickly find a contact, bookmark, application, or music track from hundreds or thousands of items by drawing English alphabet gestures on the touch screen. Gesture Search continuously updates search results as you add each letter and improves search quality by learning from your search history.
AndroidTapp.com Android App Review:
Pros & Cons:
- Innovative way to search Contacts, Apps, Music, and Bookmarks on your phone by drawing letters
- Experimental app and only available for Android 2.0+ devices like DROID and Nexus One
- Only available in the U.S. currently
Gesture Search Android App is an experimental app from Google Labs that allows you to search Contacts, Apps, Music, and Bookmarks on your phone by drawing letters… Awesome!
Update: Now available on Android 1.6+ devices and mostly in the U.S. (with reports of availability in Germany and UK).
Video: Google Gesture Search for Android
Google Gesture Search 1
Google Gesture Search 2
Google Gesture Search 3
Gesture Search is both cool and convenient to search Android phone contents. With this addition you can type, talk and draw search queries on Android Phones.
Tips for Using Google Gesture Search:
- I’ve found it works even faster if you toggle it in the Settings menu. The app then indexes the searchable content on your phone allowing for faster gesture searches and results display.
- Write more than one letter to narrow down search results.
- You can delete one letter written by swiping right to left (equivalent to backspace button).
- Delete all written letters by swiping left to right.
User dependent. I would encourage placing an icon on the home screen to entice more usage. This feature should really be a core feature of the OS.