eventseekr is the go-to app for finding events in your area
May 13, 2011 1:00 PM –
eventseekr. What is going on in your city? Find music, nightlife, festivals, sports and so much more! Eventseekr brings you up-to-date events, whether you want to find a star-studded concert or a local band playing in a small pub. Read about the artists playing and watch images and videos with your favorite artists!
Pros & Cons:
- A great way to find events happening in your local area, from concerts to art shows, to museums, to street fairs.
- When you first launch the app, it asks if you want it to search your music library, so it knows which artists to watch for and alert you to local events.
- You can also save “My Events” so it’s easier to come back to things you’ve tagged.
- You can now log in with your Facebook Account to pull events you’ve saved there.
- Since the last review, the interface has been cleaned up and is MUCH easier to use.
- It pulls automatically from a set radius around either your current position or a set location – I live on the east end of Long Island, so I got a lot of Connecticut events. It would be nice to be able to fine-tune how it looks for events – I’d rather have them from New York City, which is technically geographically further but easier for me to get to than Connecticut, which, while it’s only across the Bay, would require hours of driving to get off the Island and around to attend.
This is an app for answering the eternal question “what are we going to do tonight?” It pulls together listings for events in your immediate area, making it easy to see and then find things you want to do. It breaks them out into various categories, such as festivals and fairs, or concerts, or clubs. Once you drill down through the menus to a specific event, you can see details about location, time and date, event how far it is from your current location. You can add it to your Facebook events calendar with one click if you’re logged into your account, or add it to the app’s My events section for quick referencing later. You can also view more information about the venue, including a description and links to email or call the site, as well as a button to visit the site’s Web page. It will also give you Nearby Places, to find things like hotels or restaurants in the area.
eventseekr Main Page
Very useful. You always know there has to be something going on in your area, but odds are good that unless you know exactly where to look, you’ll never find it. This app takes the hassle out of it by pulling together every type of event you could think of in one place, complete with information about how to get there, hours of operation, etc.
Ease of Use:
This is the biggest change for me since the last review. Before, there was so much information it was almost overwhelming to figure out where to start. Now, the app starts out with just a few main categories on the top page, and then from there, it breaks it out one step at a time. So, for instance, you can start with Art Galleries, then drill down to the type of art or event to narrow it down. It feels much more manageable, even though there is actually more information available, which is a nice balance.
Given how much easier it is to use, and the location features, this is a go-to app for finding local events and things to do. I like that there is a wide range of event types, so there is something for everyone here.
Again, the interface is MUCH cleaner now. The icons are very easy to figure out, and the developers have narrowed down what you start with it make it easier to figure out where to start.
Tags: Android App
, Android Apps
, AndroidTapp.com App Review
Categorised in: Entertainment, Lifestyle
for review, promote apps
, get more installs with better app videos