Mar 10, 2010 7:12 AM –
DriveSafe.ly reads your text messages (SMS), emails and caller-id out loud. Eliminate the temptation to reach for your phone by letting DriveSafely read to you and automatically respond for you. Stay connected by listening to your messages without texting while driving in your car. TXT hands-free.
Pros & Cons:
- Listen to text messages, emails and screen caller ID while the app reads them aloud to you
- Auto-respond to the person who text messaged or emailed you with a pre-generated response
- Update: now you can respond to text messages or email by voice completely hands free
- Audible feedback quality is clear and sounds conversational and not robotic
- Safer use of receiving text and email messages while driving
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Mobile
- The email integration has to be setup… not automatic
DriveSafe.ly Android App is an innovative way to listen to your SMS text messages, emails and even screen your caller ID hands-free as the app reads then aloud to you. It automatically responds to the person who text messaged or emailed you with a message you generate prior. Similar to how PhonePlus Callback is to phone calls, which text messages or emails a caller if you’re busy on the other line. Provides a safer atmosphere while driving as you don’t have to mess with your phone and drive. Shake to the phone to stop the audio.
DriveSafe.ly recently added voice actions to reply to incoming text messages and email using voice only. It’s an awesome feature! The audible voice-over quality is impeccable. The dialect truly sounds conversational with: expression pitches at exclamation or questions and recognizes acronyms like LOL and BRB. Does not sound robotic like Text-To-Speech Library or semi-robotic like Google Maps Navigation.
DriveSafe.ly Toggle Screen
DriveSafe.ly SMS Text Message Auto-Responder
DriveSafe.ly Email Auto-Responder
DriveSafe.ly Preferences Menu
Very useful while driving and helps keep eyes on the road.
Ease of Use:
If used for the text message or caller ID setup the app is straight-forward. However becomes a bit more involved for email integration. The email integration has to be setup, it’s not an automatic setup like text message and caller ID integration. For each email account you must setup POP3 or IMAP (check our quick guide how to do it).
Intended for use every time you drive.