Apr 23, 2011 8:00 AM –
Arrange your photos beautifully with Collage. Convert your photos collection into amazing collages only limited by your imagination. Don’t feel like an artist today? No problem: Shake your phone and Collage will randomly rearrange your photos for you! Features: Load images from the gallery or any other file explorer. Take photos with your camera and add them directly to your collage. The images are decorated with a border. The background can be set to an image. You can change the background and border color. Can also change border’s width. Save the collage in high resolution (higher than the screen!) Share your collage using all your phone’s sharing applications: Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, Bluetooth…
Price: Free, ~$2.17
Pros & Cons:
- Lets you create collages of various photos directly from your phone.
- Helpful tutorial.
- You can either access your camera from the app or upload pictures you have already taken.
- Allows you to post your creations to various social networks, email and SMS
- Various options including: borders, background images, re-sizing and rotation.
- Provides a basic support website.
- Lite version only allows you to upload a meager 3 images to each collage.
- No shape options besides square images.
- Unable to edit the photos within the application.
- Doesn’t allow you to add text.
- Only lets you upload one picture at a time.
- Even on a large phone screen the collages don’t look particularly great.
- No zoom functionality, you collage has to fit on your phone screen.
Collage lets you create small collages, on the go, from your mobile phone. There are a number of settings which let you change the background of the collage, the border, size and placement of your included pictures. A useful tutorial guides you through the learning process and it is simple to use.
Watch on Mobile
Collage Lite Completed Collage
Collage Lite Tutorial Introduction
Collage Lite Tutorial Screen 2
Collage Lite Tutorial Screen 3
Collage Lite Config Options
Lite version only permits 3 images
This app is perhaps for the budding photographers among you who want the option to create funky little collages of your picture-taking skills. It could also be useful for those looking to create a custom E-card photo to email or text to friends & family. If you want more from your phone in terms of picture manipulation, this could be a handy and useful tool for you.
Ease of Use:
The tutorial is quite thorough and explains step by step how to create your collage. It is simple to pick up and you will be collag-ing to your heart’s content in no time.
For hardcore photographers this might be used on a daily basis, for less enthusiastic snappers I would consider this an occasional-use function at best.
The interface is plain to say the least. The screens have a very simple design and are perhaps too basic for those used to smoother UI’s. Because of the lack of options the app isn’t really much fun to use, but it does work and there is no lag or bugs as far as I could detect.