City Island: Airport – build a wonderful tourist paradise island
May 25, 2013 1:33 PM –
City Island: Airport is the newest spin-off from City Island, an addictive tycoon game to build a bustling airport on an island adjust to humble city you’re responsible for managing and building. Download the game and learn how this little title will steal your free time! P.S. add our friend code: mtkgd
Price: Free, optional In-app Purchases
Tested on: Samsung Galaxy S4
Pros & Cons:
- High level of interactivity!
- Plenty of tasks to keep you busy building!
- Same gameplay as the original with the exception of an airport to manage.
- Touch sensitivity seems to be a bit off.
City Island: Airport is all revolved around building an island city around the air travel economy, so instead of just focusing on typical town infrastructure like building farms, homes, or stores the goal is to build accommodations that draw tourists like fun attractions, hotels, landmarks and airports.
City Island Airport – My Island
When you first start there is a nice tutorial to help guide you through establishing your city. Looking at the screenshot above here’s a brief explanation of each (top left going clockwise):
- Levels unlock loads of attractions and items as you advance, completing tasks and gain XP (Experience) points accumulates for you to level up.
- Gas is vital for planes, the suitcase represents travelers – vital for tourists to visit your island, tourist points are gained from attractions built.
- Currency is earned in dollars, gold bars and diamonds – the latter are much harder to achieve.
- There are zoom toggles or you can pinch and zoom, the eye-icon toggles building blocks of land without attractions for a better bird’s eye view plus settings and social.
- The bottom left row are how you shop, build roads, demolish & move things around and share friend codes (add ours!)
- The left panel houses current achievements.
You are the city planner and can build however you see fit, i.e. if you desire huge compacted blocks or spacious acres you can have at it. Just be sure to balance things to be able to keep the cycle going fluidly. Tip: advancing your airport with flights to exotic destinations is a great way to rake in some cash. When you’re not playing the game things still progress as if you’ve played them so no worries about closing down.
The only gripes I have are lack of originality of the game as a whole and the touch sensitivity seems to be a bit off. Often you have to pinch to zoom in as simple taps on items inaccurately hits others items… just a bit annoying.
Watch on Mobile
City Island Airport
City Island Airport – Tutorial
City Island Airport – Starting Out
City Island Airport – A View of City Building Blocks
City Island Airport – My Island
City Island Airport – Building Airports
City Island Airport – Attractions
City Island Airport – My Airport
City Island Airport – Shop
City Island Airport – Rewards
City Island Airport – Share Friend Codes
City Island Airport – Earn with TapJoy Incentives
City Island: Airport offers fun in the satisfaction in building your town, much the same as toy train building hobbyists.
City Island: Airport and most other tycooners are extremely addictive by nature and this title is no exception to the rule. There is a nice threshold in the game where you can continue to play for lengthy periods without forking over real cash or waiting for long times for items to refresh.
Just as with the previous game the graphics are brightly colored with detailed little animations throughout. I did notice it’s not super sharp on the Galaxy S4 when zoomed in and that could be due to the full HD screen it has (the game may not be FHD ready), overall the graphics are a nice treat.
Accelerometer, Vibration & Sound:
There’s quite the soothing jazz number in the background and all sorts of air travel-centric sound effects like seat belt sign dings and air traffic controllers citing, “clear for take off.” If you desire not to have it, it can be easily toggled off by tapping the ‘gears’ icon.
Tags: Android App
, Android Apps
, Android Game
, AndroidTapp.com App Review
, City Island
, City Island: Airport
, SIM Game
Categorised in: Casual
for review, promote apps
, get more installs with better app videos