Car Maintenance Reminder Pro, let your Phone keep Track & Remind you when to get an Oil Change and more
May 26, 2011 2:58 PM –
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro is an all-in-one car application that helps you to: (1). Keep track of mileage, fuel efficiency and cost; (2). Log car services, and get maintenance reminder when a due date approaches.
Price: Free, $1.99
Tested on: MyTouch 3G Slide
Pros & Cons:
- All-in-one place to track everything about your car
- Receive detailed customizable notifications in the window shade when maintenance is due; i.e. oil change reminders
- You can track multiple cars
- Backup, import and export data to SD Card
- The sheer number of options can be overwhelming at first.
- Not a necessity but online sync and management would be awesome; however you can backup, import and export for desktop management.
Car Maintenance Reminder is an app that allows you to track everything from fuel usage to when your last oil change was, to when you need to get your state inspection done again. There are a wide range of things you can track, from the stuff that should be done a few times a year, to those that only need to be done once every few years, giving you a single place to keep track of all those variables. And when you add the ability to put in the odometer information and fill-up times, it also gives you the ability to track your mileage and fuel efficiency. There are neat little logo icons to differentiate your car(s) being tracked plus you can get detailed with graphs produced from the information you input.
As mentioned, this app is loaded with juicy features for tracking virtually every maintenance aspect of your vehicle with detailed reminders in your window shade. See a full features list below:
- Add multiple vehicles to your application (the Lite version supports only one vehicle);
- Data backup (both Lite and Pro) and restore (Pro only);
- Keep fuel fill up records;
- Statistics about MPG, mileage, gas price etc;
- 10 useful plots showing detailed records of fuel consumption, mileage etc (2.0.1 and up);
- Calculate the maintenance due date based on both date and mileage;
- Keep track of the service date for tire rotation, engine/cabin air filter change, windshield wiper change, change of transmission/brake/steering fluid, radiator coolant flush, spark plug replacement, wheel alignment, brake pad change, timing belt change and battery change and annual state inspection;
- Two customizable reminders;
- A note section to log anything else about the car;
- Support multiple units (set from option menu);
- Set your own frequency of maintenance schedule (set from “Edit the car” button and from “Menu-Maintenance Settings”;
- Customize the display and reminders (set from option menu);
- Graphical and quantitative representation of maintenance schedule;
- Easy update of the date and mileage;
- Reminder at the status bar when a due date is within 7 days, or mileage left is less than 200 miles/km;
- Vehicles are identified by a logo of the make (more than 50 makes supported, including most of US and European cars).
- Support moving of the application to SD;
EXCLUSIVE features for the Pro version (not available in the Lite version):
- Add unlimited number of cars (the Lite version only allows one);
- Restore saved data from SD card;
- No advertisement/popup and no data usage.
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro Car Graphs
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro Car Tracking
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro Reminder Notifications
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro Gas Fill Up Records
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro Statistics
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro Backup and Import Information
Car Maintenance Add Vehicle
Car Maintenance Info
Car Maintenance Odometer
Car Maintenance Gas Milage
Car Maintenance Menu Options
Car Maintenance Display Settings
Car Maintenance Reminder Settings
Car Maintenance About
This is a very useful way to have all your car(s) information in one place, easily accessible and easy to see at a glance what’s been done to your car and when it was done last.
For some women, we just get in our cars and go! This is a nice application to remind us of the routine maintenance due. Plus the preventative cost savings long term would very become beneficial. Even the fill in monitoring feature can offer some savings at the “pump”, if interested, you can monitor how much MPG you’re getting.
Ease of Use:
It’s very easy to use and input information, although when you first open it to input a car, it can be a little overwhelming at first. The sheer number of variables is both a blessing and a curse in this case, but once you get over that first reaction, all you can be is excited about it.
This depends on how much you want to track in this app. If you want to do it all, including fuel mileage, you’ll use this app every time you fill up the gas tank. If you just want to use it to track things like oil change times, tire rotation, etc, you’ll use it less frequently. But what’s nice is that you can set up reminders for everything, so you don’t have to remember to go check when your next oil change is, the app will remember for you and let you know.
The interface, as you would imagine, is mostly text based, with a lot of drop-down Android menus to select dates and enter information.