Android 4.1 Jelly Bean coming soon to a Galaxy S3 near you
Oct 17, 2012 10:53 AM –
Samsung Mobile today announced they’ll soon roll out the latest version of Android 4.1, codenamed Jelly Bean with updated Touchwiz interface for Samsung Galaxy S3 phones. The update will be made available both over the air and as a download via Kies in the coming months. The specific timing and update method will be announced by each carrier; AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular.
Jelly Bean will bring the following updates to the S3:
- Google Now
- Rich Notifications
- Automatic Widget Adjustment
- Speed improvements
The update will come with the following feature improvements to Touchwiz:
- Camera improvements: adds filters like warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, and sepia to your live camera and camcorder. Pause and resume video recording into a single file with no post editing required. Plus a low light photo mode taking advantage of the S3′s High Dynamic Range (HDR) capabilities to yield the best pictures in dim lighting.
- Resizing of the Pop Up Play window for watching locally stored videos on any screen of the phone.
- A Blocking Mode, essentially and do not disturb feature for blocking calls, alarms, and notifications.
- Improved options for keyboards, including one of my personal faves, Swype.
Personally, I will dread loosing official support for Flash in the browser and may have to resort to rooted measures to get it back, but Jelly Bean is looking really tasty for the S3, your thoughts?