Adobe Flash Player 10.3, Available On The Market Now
May 12, 2011 3:06 PM –
Some controversy has been going about lately regarding the release of Flash Player 10.2 and some of the stability and performance issues it caused for many devices (and those on PC/Mac). Adobe has answered the call with the current release of Flash Player 10.3 that you can download in the market right now! Remember, Flash Player is only available for devices Android 2.2 and above.
Here are the current fixes and enhancements for Flash Player 10.3.185.21:
- Enabled NEON optimizations for OMAP4 (Cortex A-9) based devices. (2853030)
- Corrected an issue on the Samsung Galaxy S where H.264 video at resolutions of 720p and below was not displayed. (2852889)
- Android Apps using Browser Plug-ins like Flash Player in WebView no longer need to set android:hardwareAcceleration to True in their AndroidMainfest.xml for plug-in output to be rendered. This was previously an issue on Android 3.0+ only. (2834793)
- Fixed a crash on the HTC EVO that some users encountered with specific video. (2855425)
- Fixed an issue that caused video frames to stop rendering on long streaming videos (> 1 hour) on some Motorola devices. (2855957)
You can check out the full release notes here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/902/cpsid_90281.html. You can try out some content by using http://m.flash.com.
Are you finding any noticeable difference in performance after applying this update? Share with us below!