7 Android Apps for Business Enterprise
Jun 3, 2010 8:52 AM –
For those who think Google’s Android mobile operating system is a hobby and not capable of taking on business enterprises should think again. We compiled some interesting statistics in the short 18 months since Android’s debut will peak interest of any business or investor pounding about the success of the platform. Businesses and IT departments are experiencing employees opting for Android phones as corporate communications tools over Blackberries as they offer powerful apps and ever increasing hardware specs. With the help of Sprint and their much capable HTC EVO 4G, we’ll recommend 7 Android Apps for Business Enterprise:
1. Xora GPS – Mobile workforce management solution with mobile timesheet functionality that automates the entire timesheet / payroll process by integrating to payroll systems, such as ADP.
2. Citrix Receiver™ – Extend access to a customer’s Citrix hosted environment to mobile users; provides a platform that enables mobility for enterprise software. HTC EVO 4G has been verified as Citrix Ready®, a rigorous verification process to ensure compatibility with Citrix, providing confidence in joint solution capability. The Citrix Ready program helps customers identify third-party solutions that are recommended to enhance virtualization, networking and cloud computing solutions from Citrix.
3. Intuit GoPayment – Extends Intuit’s payment services by enabling anyone selling products or services outside the office to process credit card payments on a mobile phone without requiring additional hardware.
4. Real Estate by Smarter Agent – Gives consumers instant access to homes for sale, recently sold homes and rentals. Real estate professionals can get a personalized application to help their clients.
5. Epocrates® application provides quick and easy access to reliable drug information for healthcare professionals at the point of care.
6. SkyMobile for SAP by Sky Technologies – Provides access to SAP CRM, so sales and service personnel can stay connected and access their customer data.
7. MobilePower from ZSL – Provides a smart client that gives full access to MS Dynamics CRM and ERP.
Is your enterprise ready for Android?