6 Useful Ways to Get More Out of WaveSecure
May 20, 2010 8:27 AM –
This week we’ve highlighted WaveSecure Mobile Security as App of the Week for its awesomeness in finding a lost or stolen phone plus backup capabilities. We recently found 6 useful nuggets on Wavesecure’s blog that will allow you to maximize the app’s features. Let’s get started:
1. Find your misplaced phone without a PC. Not only can you locate your lost/stolen phone on their website, but you can text it to sound the alarm or do other things like lock, customize screen, locate and even wipe the phone by SMS text from another phone using the following commands:
||What It Does
||To lock your phone, send “Secure lock ”. Eg. “Secure lock 123456”
|Customize lock screen
||To change your lock screen message, send “Secure lock ”. Eg. “Secure lock 123456 Please contact 911 to return”.
||To lock your phone, send “Secure lock alarm ” or with a custom message “Secure lock alarm”. Eg. “Secure lock alarm 123456”
||Send “Secure locate ” for a SMS with a link to track the current location of the phone. Eg. “Secure locate 123456”
||To erase the phone’s data, send “Secure wipe”. Eg. “Secure wipe 123456”
2. Automatically backup your data. Schedule backups and forget about it. The app backups up incremental data like contacts and text messages. Plus backups can be done automatically while charging (feature not available for Android 1.5).
3. Migrate your data to a new phone. One pain in upgrading to new phones is the restoration of contacts, text message, etc. Migration to new devices and even cross platform devices can be done as WaveSecure is on Android, BlackBerry, Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile.
4. Locate your phone the battery-friendly way. Android phones are notorious for draining batteries. You can control how often the app tracks the phone to conserve some battery power.
5. Find out who the thief is calling. Say your Droid-baby gets stolen, and the thief swaps the SIM card… no worries, WaveSecure tracks call and text message logs so you get the thief’s number as well as who they have been calling/texting to track down the phone.
6. Root Your Android Phone, Make WaveSecure Invulnerable. “Rooting” your Android may be a little challenging – but it’s worth the effort! Root version not only makes WaveSecure hard-reset proof, it also enables GPS tracking even if it’s set to be off! NerdGirl has been answering a lot of user inquiries about Rooting in her Ask NerdGirl column, to learn more head on over!
If you haven’t picked up the app, now you can get it at 20% off the annual $19.90 charge by liking them on Facebook or following on Twitter.
Hopefully these juicy tips will help you maximize your Android phone. Tell us if you knew about these tips or even your lost/stolen stories using apps like these in the comments below!